Des debit card is an unemployment benefits card offered by the North Carolina division of employment security also known as DES. You may be shocked that such a card exists but I can tell you for a fact that this is real.
In November last year, the DES debit card transitioned to using the U.S. bank ReliaCard for all unemployment benefits that are paid by debit card. This simply means claimants would no longer receive benefits using the bank of America debit card anymore.
Table of Contents
DES Debit Card – U.S. Bank ReliaCard
The official website for the DES debit card is https://des.nc.gov/. This website is not developed for the sole purpose of the DES debit card but it also offers a lot of other useful services. If you are familiar with websites, you would be able to tell that this is a government site.
Since the bank of America card is no longer used to cash out DES unemployment benefits, I would be showing you how to apply for your U.S. bank ReliaCard benefits card and start cashing out your unemployment benefits.
How to Register/Apply for DES Unemployment Benefits
Before we can begin cashing out benefits, we must first be enrolled on the platform. This can be done online. Note that you have to first apply on the government site and application does not mean approval. Simply put, the fact that you applied doesn’t mean you would be approved.
Follow the steps below to apply for DES unemployment debit card online;
- Open any web browser and proceed to this link.
- On the homepage, scroll down till you find a link that says “Create an Online Account” and click on it.
- On the next page that would be displayed, enter your social security number in both text fields provided and hit “Next”.
- You should now be directed to the user account creation page where you would be expected to create a username, enter your valid email address twice, create a pin, enter your contact phone number and finally, create a password.
- After completing step 4, proceed to click on “Create Account”.
After a few seconds, your account should be created and you can now sign in.
How to Sign in to DES – NC Unemployment Login
Signing in to the DES online portal is easy once you successfully create your account. Follow the steps below to sign in to your DES account.
- Open the DES homepage following this link.
- Find the sign in link relevant to you from the menu and click on it (individual or employer).
- Enter your username and password in the text field provided on the sign in form and complete the captcha challenge.
- Finally, click on the “Sign in” button at the bottom of the log in form.
After a few seconds, you should be signed in to your account.
How to Verify DES Unemployment Claim Status
Like I said before if you applied for DES unemployment benefits, it doesn’t guarantee you’ll get it. You can verify your claim status whenever you want by signing in to your online portal and checking the claim status.
First, you would have to file a claim of unemployment. This video contains a detailed guide on how to do so. After filing, you would have to complete your weekly certification and that’s it. You can now check your claim status whenever you like.
That’s it for today and I would be writing an article about the U.S. bank ReliaCard soon. I suggest you subscribe to this site’s notification to get notified when the article is published.