Walt Disney Company, commonly known and called Disney, can be described as an American diversified multinational mass media and entertainment mixture that is headquartered at the Walt Disney Studios, in California, Burbank.
It is one of the biggest entertainment and Media Companies in the whole world that is operating a huge international industry of television networks together, theme parks, and film studios.
The Disney Company was founded on October 16, 1923, by Two Brothers Walt and Roy O. Disney as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio; the company was being operated under the names Walt Disney Studio and Walt Disney Productions before the name was officially changed to The Walt Disney Company in the year 1986.
The company got to establish itself as the leader in the American animation industry before they divested into live-action movie production, theme parks, and television.
Since the 1980s, Disney has created and acquired some corporate divisions, just so they could market more mature content than what is typically associated with its flagship family-aligned brands.
Table of Contents
The Walt Disney Company is known for its film studio division, Walt Disney Studios, which consist of Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar, Marvel Studios, Lucas film, 20th Century Fox, Blue Sky Studios, and Fox Searchlight Pictures.
Their major divisions are; Experience and Products, Disney Media Networks, Disney Park, and Walt Disney direct to consumer and International. They are also the owners and operators of the ABC broadcast network, cable television networks like the Disney Channel, ESPNFX, Freeform, A&E Networks, and the National Geographic Networks, they are involved in publishing, music, theatre divisions, merchandising, and the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts.
The Company’s official mascot is the cartoon character Mickey Mouse, which was created in 1928 by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks, and it is also the most recognized character.
Companies Owned by Disney
Disney is one of the largest entertainment and media companies in the world. Disney reported their Q4 20118 earnings on November 8, 2018. The giant media was reported $14.31 billion in their revenues this quarter, being compared to their $12.78 billion over the same period in last year.
As of now, Disney has a market capitalization of $171.70 billion. Disney’s major business segments are its theme park business, film business, and its Television business. Here is the list of companies owned by Disney:
- Disney/ABC Television Group: This group operates with Disney broadcast television, cable television, and the radio business. The broadcast businesses include; ABC news, ABC Television network, and the ABC studios. They deliver their programming to over 200 local TV affiliates across the country.
- ESPN: this is a sports media and entertainment company with eight different cable networks in the US and also 16 television networks internationally. 80%stake in ESPN is owned by Disney and the remaining 20% is held by Hearst Corporation.
- Lucas Film ltd: this is a film production organization best known for producing Star Wars and Indiana Jones, the highest-grossing movie franchises in history. They acquired Lucas film in 2012, for the sum of $4.06 billion, alongside their subsidiary businesses. Under Disney, the company is producing another trio of the Star Wars movie and plans to also create a fifth Indiana Jones movie, starring Harrison Ford in 2019.
- Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US: this company operates Disneyland in California, Disney World Resort in Florida, and a spa and resort in Hawaii, Aulani.
- Marvel Entertainment: it is an entertainment and media company with operations in film, television, and publishing films. Marvel’s fictional characters are Captain America, X-Men, and Spider-Man. Marvel was acquired by Walt Disney Company in 2009, August for the sum of $4 billion.
Top Disney Films of All
Here is a list of the top Disney Film of all;
- Avatar (2009).
- Titanic (1997).
- Star Wars: Episode VII-The Force Awakens (2015).
- Avengers: Infinity War (2018).
- Jurassic World (2015).
- Marvel’s The Avengers (2012).
- Black Panther (2018).
- The Star Wars: Episode VIII- The Last Jedi (2017).
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018).
- Frozen (2013).
- Beauty and the Beast (2017).
- Incredible 2 (2018).
- The Fate of the Furious (2017).
- Iron Man 3 (2013).
- Minions (2015).
- Captain America: Civil War (2016).
- Aquaman (2018).
- Transformers: Dark of the moon (2011).
- Skyfall (2012).
- Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003).
- Transformer: Age of Extinction (2014).
- Toy Story 3 (2010).
- Captain Marvel (2019).
- Venom (2018).
- Thor: Ragnarok (2017).
- Coco (2017).
- Maleficent (2014).
- Suicide Squad (2016).
- 2012 (2009).
- Wolf Warrior 2 (2017).
- Peter Pan.
- Lilo and Stitch.
- The Lion King.
- The Little Mermaid.
- Robin Hood.
- The Emperor’s new groove.
- Princess and the Frog.
Disney is an Online Shop for its viewers to make purchases for their selves and their children. You get free shipping on your orders of $75 above. You can get the perfect gift for your kids at shop Disney.
There are lots of things you can find on the Disney Shop, you can make a purchase of your favorite Jewelry and Wristwatches, Bags, and wallets, you can shop for Toys for your kids, their favorite Disney character outfit, shoes with the use of the Disney Credit card. There are different categories of items you can get on shopDisney, they are:
- Baby Clothing & Accessories.
- Baby Essentials.
- Girls Clothing.
- Boys Clothing.
- Kid Accessories.
You can shop for anything you want. You can sign up for the shopDisney or sign in if you already have an account with the shop.
Signing Up for a Disney Account
To sign up for the shopDisney, follow the instructions below;
- Go to their shop website at www.shopdisney.com and then click on the “Sign in/ Sign up” tab.
- Select your Country and click on “Create Account”.
With the simple instructions above, you would be able to create the shopDisney account.
Signing In to your Disney Account
You can sign in to your shop account if you already have to have the full access to all the items on the shop platform. Follow the steps below to do so;
- Go to www.shopdisney.com and click on the Sign in/ Sign up icon at the shop top.
- Enter your Username or Email Address and the Password, and then click on “Sign in”.
The sign-in process will be completed and the page will reload, showing your page and the items you have in your shopping cart or bag.