Housekeeping jobs in the USA with a visa Sponsorship is an amazing opportunity that allows foreigners to live and legally work in the United States with a fully funded trip to the United States. Are you an individual who is searching for a housekeeping job in the United States?
would you like to immigrate to the United States without spending much? Then, the visa sponsorship program is the perfect choice to make. Well, if you care to know more about this program and the benefits that come with it, consider reading this article till the end.
Table of Contents
Housekeeping Jobs in USA With Visa Sponsorship
Housekeeping jobs in the United State is an opportunity that is very much open to all individuals from different parts of the world. Have you considered going to the United States without spending anything but your time on getting an already paid visa? Well, just as it sounds untrue, it’s very much possible and real.
The United State government thought of the possibility of having an economic breakdown with little hand (labor or employees) in companies and industries. Hence, the visa sponsorship program was introduced to bring in foreign workers to fill the gap in its economic sector. Well, you can say, that it is a big plus not just to the United States but also for anticipating immigrants.
Acquiring a housekeeping job in the United States is very easy due to the high demand for housekeepers. However, it would be easier when you make an application in a qualified and detailed manner.
Who is a Housekeeper In USA?
A housekeeper is someone that is responsible for the supervision of a house’s cleaning employees. Housekeepers in some situations also perform the cleaning duties by themselves. However, a housekeeper tends to offer more in-depth services than a maid.
What are Housekeeping Jobs?
Housekeeping jobs are jobs carried out by housekeepers who are responsible for overseeing (taking care) a house or a building’s cleanliness. Generally, they carry out responsibilities like tidying and keeping the environment healthy for guests and residents. Housekeeping jobs involve certain tasks like sweeping, cleaning windows, dusting shelves, mopping floors, and many more other tasks.
Jobs Visa Sponsorship for Housekeepers
What Is a work visa in the US? Work visas are visas that allow foreigners to legally live and work in the United State. However, this can be accessible to this visa through sponsorship. Would you want to know what is visa sponsorship? Well, Visa sponsorship is when an individual is been advocated for by an employer or an organization to acquire a work visa in the United States.
Visa sponsorship can also be referred to as when an individual is been supported to gain entry into the United States by an employer or organization for the purpose stated in the Visa.
Types of Visas in USA for Housekeeping Jobs
There are different types of visas that are been offered to housekeepers and these types of visas will be stated below.
H1 Visa Sponsorship for Housekeeping Jobs in USA
An H1 visa is a visa that allows employers to temporarily employ foreign workers to work in some specialty occupations in the United States. The H1 visa is a temporary visa that allows employees to work in different “Specialty Jobs” like engineering, architecture, finance, and many more occupations in the United States. However, the H1 visa is also a visa that the embassy will grant with ease only under the obligation o your employer.
If you are a foreigner seeking immigration to the United States with an H1 visa but it was not granted due to some problems. Well, you can’t have access to an HI visa without following the simple steps below.
- If you are looking forward to getting an H1 visa, the first important step you need to take is setting up a good and well-documented CV.
- Then make an application letter online that the US employers would have interest in.
- After writing the letter, search for a suitable job you like through the internet platform.
- Carry out an application for the job you searched online and wait for the company to give you feedback. If you are considered for the job, you will be called for an online interview.
- Then your employer will make a review of the job description if it is qualified as a specialty occupation.
- Furthermore, you and your employer will determine and make negotiation on the pay rate for the position.
- After it is done your employer will send a notification to the US workforce.
- Then lastly, your employer will submit a labor condition application to the DOL for certification, and then your employer will make a petition to the US embassy for a work visa.
Meanwhile, if your employer has carried out the procedures above, you will be told by him or her to make an application for a visa at an embassy in your home country.
H2-B Work Visa
The H2-B is a visa that allows employers to temporarily employ foreign workers for jobs for some period of time. An H-2B visa gives US employers permission for them to hire nonimmigrants to carry out non-agricultural labor or services in the United States.
The H2-B employment must be a temporary job and is limited to a certain period of time as a one-time occurrence, seasonal need, and peakload need. An H2-B work visa allows employers to employ foreign workers for nonagricultural jobs.
For you to get the H2-B work visa you need to have certain requirements to qualify. However, your employer must have a sensational need on onetime intermittent, or peakload. Also, the time of the job must be less than a year and there must be no qualified and willing US workers that are available for the job.
B1 Work Visa
The B1 work visa is a nonimmigrant visa for individuals who want to enter the United States temporarily for business transactions, tourist activity, or a combination of both purposes. A B1 visa is among the category of visas for non-immigrants that is issued by the United State government for foreign nationals who are seeking entry for a short period of time.
The B1 visa allows entry into the United States multiple times and it is a temporary visa that does not grant foreigners permanent residential status. Holders of the B1 visas are eligible to make applications for a green.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
The application for a job in the United States as an immigrant is not difficult but easy and you can also get to acquire a free visa. However, the procedure can only take place when you have gotten a job offer in the United States that is in your name. Meanwhile, for you to apply for a visa you will have to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, you would have to ensure that you are qualified for the job.
- Now you’ll have to set up a well-documented and organized Curriculum Vitae.
- Search for a job in the US of your choice with the use of any online search platform such as LinkedIn.
- After you have done that, you will wait for the employer to access your document and after it has been verified, you will be sent a job offer.
- Meanwhile, your employer has sent a job petition to the USICS and US labor market institute for certification.
After you have followed the instructions above, you will be instructed by your Employer to apply for a visa by your employer.
Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship Interview Questions
In order for you to have successful employment, you have to undergo an interview online which if you are qualified you will have a guarantee for visa sponsorship. Below are some questions that will help you carry out a successful interview.
- Why do you want to work as a housekeeper?
- The types of cleaning chemicals you are familiar with?
- Give an instance of a time you benefited from constructive criticism.
- Present an explanation of what you would do if a customer is dissatisfied with your work.
- Are you able to complete Multiple housekeeping tasks in a day?
If your answers to the above questions are okay then you will be ahead of your competitors.
Types of Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
In the United States, there are various types of housekeeping jobs. Well, there are certain requirements you need for you to be given a housekeeping job and those requirements consist of a school diploma. Anyways, some of the types of housekeeping jobs will be listed below.
A house manager or housekeeper is someone that is given the sole responsibility to carry out tasks like cleaning rooms, maintaining furnishings, laundering bed linens, and other equipment in residential homes, hospitals, and student accommodation. The housekeeper is known for providing additional managerial support.
Cleaner or Maid
The task of a house cleaner is often referred to as that of the housekeeper. However, they also carry out basic cleaning operations too so they are more used in commercial cleaning areas. Their services are also needed in private homes and their visits are, mainly within a short time.
The live-out housekeeper is not very popular as the live-in housekeeper. Live-out housekeepers do not spend full time because of their family or other relatives which they may have to see on regular basis. The live-out housekeeper is not offered accommodation in some situations because of the short time he or she spends.
Requirements for Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
The job of a housekeeper requires some specific procedures which will make your qualification for the job certain. Well, if you have been told that you are qualified for the job then there are certain requirements you need to meet to be seen as well-qualified personnel for the job.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Carrying out some Difficult tasks and time management abilities.
- The availability to do work during weekends, holidays, and late nights.
- Possess high responsibility and reliability.
- Familiarity with material safety data sheets.
- Enlightenment on cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Proof of work experience as a cleaner.
- Having an understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
Listed above are some of the requirements you need for you to be a responsible housekeeper and there are also many more.
Duties of a Housekeeper
The job of a housekeeper with visa sponsorship comes with some duties and responsibilities which are always out under consideration during the employment procedures. However, if you are not familiar with some of the duties that a housekeeper then just count yourself lucky because some of the duties will be stated below.
- Carry out minor repairs and adjustments.
- Daily performance and documentation on routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carrying out tasks like vacuuming, emptying trash cans, and replacement of liners.
- Cleaning, stocking, and supplying designated facilities.
- Provision of assistance to other departments when needed to ensure the needs of the guests are met.
- Frequent changing of the linens that are dirty and also the transporting of them to areas where they need to be washed.
- Cleaning of the residence or office on a daily basis.
- Cleaning of restrooms, and other tasks like restocking dispensers, emptying trash, sanitizing fixtures, and cleaning other spots in the house.
Salary of Housekeeping Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
In the United State, foreigners have been given an opportunity for them to improve their financial growth through a Visa sponsorship program. Furthermore, the salary of housekeepers in the United States is about $14.86 per hour and between $23,000 to $39,000 per year.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this section of the article, answers to some of the frequent questions that are been asked about housekeeping jobs in the USA with a visa Sponsorship will be answered.
What is a House Cleaner Called?
A housecleaner can also be referred to as a housekeeper and they render certain services like cleaning the house and in some cases making meals.
How Many Hours Does a Housekeeper Work?
In the United State, a housekeeper usually works at least 40 hours a week but it all depends on their efficiency and reliability.
What are the Duties of a Housekeeper?
Housekeepers have the responsibility and duty of cleaning residents and also reporting any safety hazards to the homeowner or manager in charge. They also carry out certain essential duties.