Are you going through an iMessage activation error problem? For all the people who are not familiar with iMessage, it is a service that was established by Apple.
The service is supported by the message application in iOS version 5. IMessage was a hit almost from the first moment it got to the market as a built-in iPhone attribute.
Imessage Activation Error
It allows you to send messages, pictures, videos, contact information, and others. If you are an iPhone user then you may have been using the app for some time.
But what should you do when are trying to create iMessage on your phone, and you can’t. Instead, you are getting an activation error message.
Why does my iPhone say iMessage Activation Error?
If you see an “iMessage waiting for activation” error, then you should know that it is a problem with your cellular company or simply a bug that’s easily remedied.
Oftentimes, when iMessage won’t activate, you can resolve the problem by turning certain settings on and off or signing out of iCloud and back in.
How Do I Fix Imessage Activation?
Here are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation:
- Make sure airplane mode isn’t turned on.
- Check your connection to Wi-Fi & cellular data.
- Set your iPhone to the correct time zone.
- Turn iMessage off and back on.
- Check for a carrier settings update.
- Update your iPhone.
- Sign out of your apple id.
- And lastly, reset network settings
These are the steps on how to fix iMessage activation.
How to Fix iMessage Activation Error
To use iMessage you will need to activate it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. When you find an error message during activation use these steps below:
- Check your device settings and make sure that you are connected to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network.
- If you are making use of an iPhone you will need an SMS message to activate your phone number with iMessage.
- On your setting go to general and the date & time. Set the time zone correctly.
- Then turn and restart iMessage.
- Go back to your settings and then to messages. Next, turn off iMessage. Then restart your device, after restarting your device go back and turn on iMessage.
It will take up to 24 hours to activate iMessage. If it has still not been activated after a day, follow these other steps listed below:
- You should make sure that your device is on the latest version of iOS.
- You should contact your carrier if you are using an iPhone to ensure you can send and receive SMS messages.
- If your iPhone is used without a carrier, ensure you can send and receive international messages with the carrier particle.
- Then lastly contact apple.