MS Driver lets your computer communicate with hardware devices. That is to say, it is the driver that helps the external hard drive or mouse to work properly.
You can set Windows to download recommended drivers for your device automatically to avoid the hardware connected to your device from malfunctioning. Find out how to update and reinstall the MS Driver on your device in this write-up.
Table of Contents
What Is A Driver?
A driver is a software component that allows the operating system and a device to communicate with each other.
For instance, if a software wants to access data from your computer, the software calls a function implemented by the operating system, then the operating system, in turn, calls for the function implemented by the driver.
When the driver gets the data from the computer, it sends it to the operating system and then to the external software.
There are drivers that don’t associate with any hardware device. For example, if you want to write a tool that has access to the main operating system data structures, that can be accessed only by running a code in kernel mode.
All you need is to split the tool into two-part. One of the parts operates in user mode and presents the user interface. While the second part of the tool operates in kernel mode and has access to the main operating system data.
The part that operates in the user mode is the application, while the part that operates in kernel mode is the software driver.
MS Drivers (Microsoft Drivers)
There is a good number of Ms drivers, check out some of them below.
- Microsoft ® ODBC Driver 13.1.
- Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware.
- Surface Pro 3.
Let’s take a look at these drivers in-depth.
Microsoft ® ODBC Driver 13.1
download Microsoft ODBC Driver for your SQL Server, Linux, macOS, and windows. The Microsoft ODBC Driver for the SQL server should be used to create new software.
To download the software, navigate to www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/driver.aspx, From the list of drivers, click on the number one driver, to access the download page. On the download screen, enter your language and click on the “ download” button.
Surface Pro 4 Drivers and Firmware
The firmware and driver package has drivers for all of the components in the Surface Pro 4 including the updates to the system firmware released via windows update. The driver is compatible with windows 10.
So to get the software on your device visit www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/driver.aspx, locate the particular driver you want to get, and click on it. Then tap on the download tab.
Surface Pro 3
With these drivers and firmware to prepare your customize photos for enterprise deployment and also to repair problems with customizing installations of windows on your surface Pro 3.
This driver is compatible with 10 and 8.1. to download the driver, click on the link provided above, on the Microsoft page click on the “Surface Pro 3” tab, to get the software.
Other Ms drivers
Here are other Microsoft drivers. To install any of these drivers follow the link or steps given to install the first two drivers above.
- Surface Pro 6 Drivers and Firmware.
- Microsoft ® ODBC Driver 17.
- Microsoft ® OLE DB Driver 18.
- Surface Book 2 Drivers and Firmware.
Windows 10 Update Drivers Automatically
To set Windows to automatically check for the latest drivers follow the guide beneath.
- Open your computer
- Click on the “start” tab.
- Go to the “ devices and printers” button
- Go to the name of your computer and right-click on it.
- Tap on the “ device installation settings” button
- Click on the “yes, do this automatically (recommended)” tab
- Navigate to the save changes widget and select it. You may be prompted to enter the administrator password. If so, provide your password and follow the guide.
How to Update and Reinstall Drivers in Windows
Drivers updates for windows 10 are installed and downloaded through windows update. But if you want to reinstall or update the driver on your device read the sections beneath.
How to Update your Device Driver
Follow the steps below to update your drivers;
- Navigate to the search tool and type in “device manager”.
- From the menu, select the “ device manager” button
- Choose a category to view names of devices, then right-click the one you’d like to update.
- Click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” button.
- Press on the “ update driver” tab. In case a new driver was not found, you can search for one on your device manufacturer’s website. Then follow the on-screen directives.
How to Reinstall Device Drivers
To reinstall the device driver, take the steps beneath appropriately.
- On your computer, go to the search bar and search for “ device manager”. On the result screen, select device manager.
- Go to the name of the device and right-click
- From the pop-up list, hit on the “uninstall” tab.
- Then restart your computer
- After restarting your computer, Windows will try to reinstall the driver.